MICRO TRENDS: THE NEW WAY TO STAY AHEAD OF THE FASHION CURVE
Have you ever looked at what’s popular in fashion and thought, I wish I had known about that trend before it was so mainstream! If so, then you’re not alone. It’s hard to stay on top of all the trends because they come and go faster than ever before. But there’s an easy way to stay ahead of the curve—look out for micro trends instead of just macro trends. In this article, we’ll explore what micro trends are and how you can use them to your advantage in today’s fast-paced fashion market.
1. Understanding Microtrends
In the fashion world, a microtrend is a very specific trend that gains popularity for a short period of time. Unlike regular trends, which can last for months or even years, microtrends usually only last for a few weeks or days. While they may not seem like much, microtrends can be very important for fashionistas who want to stay ahead of the curve. Understanding these smaller trends allows them to know what’s going on in the industry and what will come next. There are so many factors that go into predicting future trends but knowing about them before anyone else does is key to staying one step ahead of everyone else. For example, wearing jeans with a crop top was once considered by most people to be an inappropriate style choice. Fast forward two years and its now common practice for girls as young as 16-years-old to wear this combination at school without feeling ashamed. Knowing about microtrends ahead of time could have saved some people from having to experience this shift firsthand.
2. Small Changes Add Up
In fashion, as in many other areas of life, change is the only constant. And these days, it seems like fashion trends are changing faster than ever. If you want to stay ahead of the curve, you need to start paying attention to micro trends. These changes may seem small, but when added together they can have a major impact on how people dress and what designers create.
There are three types of micro trends that you should know about if you want to keep up with the latest fashions.
How to Create a Personal Brand
Your personal brand is what makes you unique and different from everyone else. It's what sets you apart from the competition and helps you stand out in a crowd. Creating a personal brand takes time and effort, but it's worth it if you want to be successful in today's world. Here are five steps to help you get started:
1. Define who you are and what you want to be known for.
2. Do your research and find out what other people are saying about you.
3. Figure out how you want to express yourself through social media, which platforms work best for your niche, and when and how often you should post content.
4. Determine your message and write a bio that reflects that message so that people know what they're getting before they follow you on social media or see your business cards. If you have an Instagram account, make sure to have a professional-looking profile photo with some information about what you do and where you're located.
If there are any mistakes or typos in your profile, take care of them now because you don't want someone taking screenshots of those mistakes once you start getting more followers! Make sure everything is consistent across all channels--you'll look more professional and trustworthy this way.
3. Get Creative
With fashion trends changing so rapidly, it can be hard to keep up. That's where micro trends come in. Micro trends are small, specific changes that can be easily incorporated into your wardrobe. By following micro trends, you can stay ahead of the curve and keep your style fresh. Whether it is a new way to wear a shirt or a new pair of sunglasses, micro trends offer something for everyone.
Read on for our top 10 favorites Micro Trends in Fashion!
1) Neon Colors In recent years, we've seen neon colors take over everything from sneakers to skirts. Even though they may seem overwhelming at first, they look great paired with more muted shades like navy blue or black.
2) Kneehigh Boots It doesn't matter if you're going for an edgy vibe or want to look classy and feminine-knee-high boots are a must-have this season. For example, try pairing them with flared jeans and a button-down blouse for a sophisticated day time look.
3) Bow Ties For men, bow ties are the perfect accessory to any suit or formal outfit. And for women, they give any simple dress or skirt an elegant touch.
4) Turtlenecks Although turtlenecks were once reserved for winter attire only, designers are now adding them to their spring/summer collections too! They make a great addition to any outfit and can even be worn as separates.
5) Heels with Sneakers We all know how difficult it is to walk around in heels all day long. So why not swap them out for sneaker wedges? They still give off the same polished appearance without sacrificing comfort.
6) Oversized Blazers are always flattering on everyone- but what happens when they get too big? To solve this problem, just size down! Oversized blazers are trendy because they make you appear taller and slimmer. But the best part about oversized blazers is that you can roll up the sleeves, roll up the pants, or belt them for different looks.
7) Ruffles A vintage trend that never seems to go out of style, ruffles will never disappoint. From dresses to tops, ruffles add femininity and charm to any ensemble.
8) Wide Leg Pants Whether they're cropped or maxi length, wide leg pants are the hottest thing this year! Pair them with a flowy tunic top for a bohemian feel or team them with booties and sweaters for everyday chicness.
9) Neon Faux Fur Coats Have you ever wanted to be a unicorn? Well, now you can with these bright and beautiful faux fur coats. Plus, they're the perfect way to stand out in a crowd.
10) Maxi Skirts If you thought maxi skirts went out of style with the '80s, think again! Not only are they stylish and practical, but they also show off your curves.
4. Be in it for the Long Haul
Anyone in the fashion industry will tell you that trends come and go, but the one constant is change. To stay ahead of the curve, you need to be constantly on the lookout for new trends. This can be a full-time job, but it's worth it if you want to stay ahead of the competition.
5. Stay Disruptive
Micro trends are the new way to stay ahead of the fashion curve. By definition, a micro trend is a small, specific trend that has a short shelf life. These days, it feels like fashion trends are changing faster than ever and it can be hard to keep up. That's where micro trends come in. They give you just enough time to find your next obsession before they fade into obscurity. Take sneaker styles as an example. A few years ago, everyone was wearing Nike Air Force 1s. Today, the style you'll find on people's feet all over town is almost always Adidas Ultra Boosts. Micro trends give people more opportunities to get their hands on coveted pieces before they sell out or stop being trendy altogether - something we've seen happen with every single designer collaboration this year!